Tuesday, Feb. 16: I continued to stain windows. It's taken a bit to find the best way to attack this project. Staining them in place, taping off portions.....We finally decided taking them all the way out is the best and most thorough way of getting them stained without getting the stain on the vinyl part of the windows. Wish the weather outside was nicer! Today I just focused on staining all the outside perimeters which will touch the trim. (Chris's uncles are coming this week to start putting up window trim.)
Chris and my dad started installing the wood floor in the kitchen/dining/west hallway. It's a wider plank ( 4 1/4") which I love the look of, and Chris was overheard saying he loved that about it too because it would have taken twice as long if it was the standard narrow size!! Haha. It's currently unfinished wood, and we'll have someone come in and sand and finish it, to a natural color (no stain, just poly). Check out Max in this picture, one glove on just like Dad, tape measure just like Dad, and he also has pliers in the back pocket. Just. Like. Daddy.